. . .
A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil is grown using strict organic methods and harvested by hand to ensure a pure, natural product with no preservatives or additives that promises to retain its flavour and freshness for two and a half years from the date of harvest. On our farm no herbicides, no pesticides and no glysophates are used.
A Thousand Trees is first cold-pressed to produce a premium quality extra virgin olive oil of low acidity ensuring that maximum flavour has been extracted from the fruit.
Our 2015 harvest yielded an olive oil with aromas of green grass and green fruit with hints of lavender; a mild bitterness and pungency, which are not overpowering; a lift and kick on the back palate with a peppery finish. Delicious.
A Healthy Heart
The unique blend of healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats and antioxidants found in A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil has been proven to be good for heart health and have a positive effect on cholesterol levels, by increasing the good HDL cholesterol and reducing harmful LDL cholesterol.
A Healthy Brain
With a diet high in premium extra virgin olive oil the brain's stores of polyunsaturated fatty acids such as EPA and DHA and antioxidants such as Vitamin E means improved cognitive function and less oxidative stress.
The antioxidants found in A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil are essential in reducing internal cellular ageing. Also, it is the richest plant-based source of squalene which helps the skin to look smoother, supports liver function and improves nutrient transport to the brain.
Incorporate A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil into your daily cooking to enhance the flavour of every meal and to maximise your well being.
Hair Mask For Reducing Damage
- Olive oil gives shine to hair from antioxidants, vitamins and healthy fats
- Honey is a natural humectant, which draws in moisture, and includes antioxidants
- Together they improve the overall health of the hair, restoring dry and damaged split ends.
- ½ cup A Thousand Trees Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup honey (add slowly, or dilute with extra oil to avoid mask being too sticky)
- Whisk together
- Apply to hair from ends using either a brush or fingers
- Cover hair with plastic wrap or wet hand towel (a loose bun clipped to the top of the head makes this easier) and leave in for 60 mins
- Rinse with warm water
Revitalising Anti-Ageing Face Mask
- Olive oil = vitamin E, antioxidants, fats, moisturising
- Coffee (caffeine) = firming, tightening
- Carrot = vitamin A (carotene, antioxidant), purifying, healing, emollient
- Honey = humectant, soothing, moisturizing
- Avocado = more vitamin E, moisturizing, also used as thickener
- ¼ cup A Thousand Trees Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Black coffee
- 1 whole Sliced carrot
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ Avocado
- Blend together until creamy consistency
- Apply to face and leave on for 20-30 mins (remember to cleanse and tone face first)
- Remove mask and apply moisturizer
Store each mask in a tightly sealed jar to re-use later.
What is extra virgin olive oil?
Extra virgin olive oil is the natural juices cold-pressed from fresh olives and has the lowest acidity of any olive oil; extra virgin olive oil is the highest grade of olive oil available, promotes a multitude of health benefits, and is the only olive oil worth using.
Can you cook with extra virgin olive oil?
Absolutely, high quality extra virgin olive oil will only start to smoke at very high heats over 210 degrees Celsius. Since this is higher than the heat required for deep-frying, extra virgin olive oil is perfect for nearly all home cooking and deep-frying. If your oil ever does smoke- simply pour it out, slightly lower the heat and start over with fresh oil. The nutritional value of olive oil suffers much less deterioration in the cooking process than other cooking oils.