Bruschetta made with fresh, good-quality ingredients is so full of flavour it makes for the most sensational afternoon snack, hors d’oeuvres or light summertime lunch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Two fresh Roma tomatoes
- Fresh Buffalo mozzarella (can use fior di latte)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Two slices Sourdough bread
- A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- In a small bowl, slice the tomatoes and splash liberally with balsamic vinegar, leave aside to sit and soak up the vinegar.
- Lightly toast the sourdough then drizzle generously with A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice and layer the buffalo mozzarella onto the toast, next slip the balsamic soaked tomato slices in between the slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Top with fresh basil and sprinkle with sea salt and one last drizzle of A Thousand Trees extra virgin olive oil.